Monday, August 26, 2013

Day Six - Obedience from Love

Am I a new Christian? No, but am I finally returning to Christ? Yes, and I would like to start again. So this is thirty days of learning about Christianity. Some of these posts may be short, and some may be extremely long. I don't include the verses that I will be reading because I myself found it more fulfilling to look it up and read on my own.


  • Deuteronomy 11:13 - 21
"For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes."
- Deuteronomy 10:17

He accepts no bribes, so we shouldn't try to bribe God. This includes prayers that go along the lines of "God if you do this I will so and so." I've made countless of those prayers. 

These verses also talk about loving God with all of our heart, soul, and all of our mind. With everything. That means no more keeping God out of parts of my life. That means no more only being a Christian half-heartedly. My heart needs to be God's, my soul must yearn for God, and my mind must focused on him.

God, please help me love you with everything. My mind wanders to bad thoughts. Please help me stop completely. I want my mind focused on you and only you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment